Copy/Paste below and insert your local information.
FROM: Name & Address
TO: _______County Board of Elections
ATTN: __________, Director
SUBJECT: Request for ______County Zero Tapes, November 8, 2022 General Election
1. I am requesting a digital copy of the entire zero tape, from each tabulating device used in the November 8, 2022 General Election.
2. Each Zero Tape should be complete and reflect the tabulator serial number, firmware version, and zero counts for each race on the ballot, without redactions.
3. It is my understanding tabulators are set to print these electronic files on demand and that they are public records, releaseable under the provisions of NCGS § 132-1. Public Records.
4. "Public records" shall mean all documents, papers, letters, maps, books, photographs, films, sound recordings, magnetic or other tapes, electronic data-processing records, artifacts, or other documentary material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received pursuant to law or ordinance in connection with the transaction of public business by any agency of North Carolina government or its subdivisions.
5. I am requesting these Zero Tapes be provided to me at no charge in an electronic format that is commonly machine readable and in a common media form such as a thumb drive or DVD disc.