This is a comprehensive PRR seeking all public records in a county between and among CISA, CIS, EAC, and other agencies.
TO: ______County Board of Elections
ATTN: ___________, Director
SUBJECT: Request for _________ County Correspondence with CIS, CISA and other Pubic and Private Organizations Regarding Network Security and Protective Infrastructure (1 July 2022 through 31 March 2023)
1. This is a public records request seeking a digital copy of all correspondence, received by or transmitted from the ____ County Board of Elections, pertaining to network infrastructure, network security, and intrusion protection for election systems at county or state level. This correspondence shall include all records of relevant communications between and among the Center for Internet Security (CIS) and its subsidiaries, the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and its subsidiaries, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC), the North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE), and any 501(c)3 organizations advertising or purporting to assist the _____ State or County Board of Elections with protection of election records, systems, or processes.
2. Subject materials of interest pertain to protection of: Voter registration databases and associated IT systems; IT infrastructure and systems used to manage elections (such as the counting, auditing, and displaying of election results, and the post-election reporting to certify and validate results); Voting systems and associated infrastructure; Storage facilities for election and voting system infrastructure; and Polling places (to include early voting locations).
3. The period of interest for these records is from 1 July 2022 through 31 March 2023.
4. "Public records" shall mean all documents, papers, letters, maps, books, photographs, films, sound recordings, magnetic or other tapes, electronic data-processing records, artifacts, or other documentary material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received pursuant to law or ordinance in connection with the transaction of public business by any agency of North Carolina government or its subdivisions.
5. For any records found that are deemed non-releasable because of confidentiality or security restrictions, the County BOE’s response shall indicate the existence of those other records that are not releasable and identify all local officials who are authorized to review that documentation.
6. I am requesting this documentation be provided to me at no charge in an electronic format that is commonly machine readable (such as pdf, jpg, etc.) and in a common media form such as a thumb drive or DVD.