Voters expect integrity in their elections,
NCEIT’s goal is to make it easy to vote and hard to cheat.
These bills are hot linked to the committees where the bills can be found. Notice, most of them are in the same committee. Click on the links to contact the chair. The sponsors contact info is also hot linked. Please call the chairs and the sponsors to get the bills voted on and out of committee and on to the next. Also, lobby them to sponsor the Poll Observer bill here, Cast Vote Records here
NC Election Integrity Team (NCEIT) through its’ investigations supports these bills proposed by the legislature:
The Center for Tech and Civic Life (CTCL) - a 501(c)3 non-profit organization- gave over $7.2 million of Mark
Zuckerberg's money to the North Carolina State Board of Elections and 31 county elections boards in 2020 in an
attempt to shape and influence the management of our elections.
- The Alliance for Election Excellence granted contracts for 2023 with Brunswick and Forsyth counties in NC and plans to
distribute $80 million to counties in the next five years.
- The Heritage Foundation recommends: No private funding of election officials and government agencies
- Illegal Immigration has increased dramatically across the southern border with immigrants dispersing across the US.
- Non- citizens may be voting in NC elections.
- This bill is consistent with Heritage Foundation standards using juror rolls for identifying non-citizens.
· H 304 / S 88- Election Day Integrity Act - Ref to the Com on Election Law and Campaign Finance Reform. Suggested changes:
- Extend the time for challenges to absentee ballots to no later than the day prior to the cavass.
- At large poll observers shall be permitted to inspect absentee container return envelopes prior to counting of ballots.
· H 123 - Constitutional Amendment for Early Voting - Reduces early voting to 7 consecutive days. Ref to Election Law and Campaign Finance Reform Committee
- A constitutional amendment was proposed to bring it to a vote of the people.
-Candidates information sometimes comes out late in the campaign and a shorter period would allow consideration of it.
- This bill is a short term solution to reducing the early voting days from 17 days to 8 days.
- Eight days appears to provide reasonable access and is cost effective.
-Candidate information sometimes comes out late in the campaign and a shorter period would allow consideration of it
· H 396 - Repeal Participation in ERIC (Electronic Registration Information Center) Ref to the Com on Election Law and Campaign Finance Reform
which is inconsistent with state law and this information has been shared with other non-profit organizations.
- Although states were interested in ERIC to clean up their voter rolls, the states are paying for a voter registration drive.
- Colorado, a 10 year user of ERIC, has 62% of its counties with more registered voters than residents.
· H 485 - Provisional Ballot for Same Day Registration – Provisional ballots will be used during Same Day Ref to the Com on Election Law and Campaign Finance Reform
- The time between the close of early voting and counting the ballot does not provide enough time to verify information.
- If information can be verified, the provisional ballot can be counted.
Registration so that information can be verified before the vote is counted.
NCEIT drafted these bills for consideration by the NC legislature:
· Poll Observers - outlines appointment, access
and permitted activities and also the definition
of the voting enclosure and its’ arrangement.
NCEIT Bill for Cast Vote Records for NC General Assembly
See link to the bill here.
· Paid for by NCEIT.org
Election Bills Introduced by NCGA as of 27 March 2023:
--S88 (Election Day Integrity Act)- Support
--S89 (No Private $ in Elections)- Support
--S137 (Const Amendment to Remove Literacy Test)- Neutral
--S226 (Freedom to Vote)- Oppose
--S306 (Fix Our Democracy)- Strongly Oppose!!!
--S349 (Whiz Kids/Slow Pokes Registration)- Strongly Oppose!!!
--H6 (Uniformed Heroes Voting Act)- Support
--H9 (Independent Redistricting Process)-- Oppose
--H44 (Const Amendment to Remove Literacy Test)- Neutral
--H63 (Verify Immigration Status/SAVE)- Support [Not an Elections Bill]
--H82 (Maintain Precinct Voting Data- Official Results Include All Pct Votes)- Support
--H109 (Certain Prohibitions/Working/Voting)- Conditional Support, needs minor language change
--H123 (Constitutional Amendment to Limit Early Voting to 7 Days)- Support
--H191 (Popular Election)- Oppose
--H249 (J6 Riot/Overthrow Government)- Oppose
--H293 (Freedom to Vote)- Oppose
--H303 (Shorten One-Stop Early Voting to 8 days)- Support
--H304 (Election Day Integrity Act)- Support (Changes Proposed)
--H362 (Fix Our Democracy)- Strongly Oppose!!!
--H376 (Little Federal Model for Senate Representation)-Questionable Necessity
--H388 (Increase Threshold- Campaign Cash Contributions)- Strongly Support!!!
--H396 (Repeal Participation in ERIC)
--H485 (Provisional Ballot/Same Day Registration)- Strongly Support!!!