This is a comprehensive PRR seeking all public records for CTCL – The Center for Tech and Civil Life. Copy/Paste below into your email. Fill in the blanks with your county information.
Send to your BOE local Director and cc all of the board members. We need an electronic trail. Keep track of it, as your other public records requests, and make sure you get a response. Save the response. We need these for evidence. Send to me, email@example.com and to Ned Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks. Jane
TO: ______County Board of Elections
ATTN: ___________, Director
Pursuant to the North Carolina Freedom of Information Act, releasable under the provisions of NCGS 132-1, Public Records, I am requesting the following information.
SUBJECT: Request for _________ County Correspondence with the Center for Tech and Civil Life (1 July 2022 through 31 the Present 2023)
1. This is a public records request seeking a digital copy of all correspondence, received by or transmitted from the ____ County Board of Elections, pertaining to the Center for Tech and Civil Life at the county or state level. This correspondence shall include all records of relevant communications between and among the Center for Tech Civil Life and its subsidiaries, the North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE), and any 501(c)3 organizations advertising or purporting to assist the _____ State or County Board of Elections with protection of election records, systems, or processes.
2. Subject materials of interest pertain to grants, scholarships, training assistance to the _____Board of Elections and the North Carolina State Board of Elections (NCSBE).
3. The period of interest for these records is from 1 July 2022 through the Present, 2023.
4. "Public records" shall mean all documents, papers, letters, maps, books, photographs, films, sound recordings, magnetic or other tapes, electronic data-processing records, artifacts, or other documentary material, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received pursuant to law or ordinance in connection with the transaction of public business by any agency of North Carolina government or its subdivisions.
5. For any records found that are deemed non-releasable because of confidentiality or security restrictions, the County BOE’s response shall indicate the existence of those other records that are not releasable and identify all local officials who are authorized to review that documentation.
6. I am requesting this documentation be provided to me at no charge in an electronic format that is commonly machine readable (such as pdf, jpg, etc.) and in a common media form such as a thumb drive or DVD.
North Carolina Election Integrity Team